- These woven newspaper covers are designed to keep your wet newspaper shaping pad from coming in direct contact with hot glass.
- They are made of woven graphite fibers on one side, and thick, woven cotton cloth on the other, sewn together with Kevlar thread.
- They are sized to cover a standard glass makers wet newspaper pad for use in the hot glassblowing studio.
- Average size is 8-1/2" wide x 9" tall.
- Colors vary on the cotton side.
- Dry graphite cloth by itself is not a good glass tool.
- In fact, it can become red hot and stick to very hot glass.
- Similar to wood, the magic happens when the material is used with water.
- The wet newspaper inside generates steam when working the glass, which flows through the cloth and cushions the glass.
- It also keeps the graphite fibers cool, which keep them from sticking to very hot glass.
Damaged/Return/Exchanging of this product:
-A replacement will be provided if there is manufacturing damages present, or damages from transit. You must contact OCR within 72 hours of receipt of your order. We will require photos of the damaged materials, including the original packaging so be sure to keep those directed by OCR staff.
-Tools that have been used are no longer eligible for returns or exchanges. No Exceptions.
-Please see Company Policies for further questions or concerns or contact Olympic Color Rods and a team member will be happy to assist you.