- Cork Powder for Molds (From Olympic Color Rods)
- Boiled Linseed Oil (Hardware store)
- Cheap Brush (Hardware store)
- Newspaper (News stand)
- Baking sifter or Sieve
- Razor Blade (Hardware store)
- Optional Glazing Handle (Hardware store)
- Lay out newspaper as a working surface
- Brush linseed oil on interior surfaces of mold with cheap brush
- Invert and let drip on news paper 1-2 minutes
- Tilt mold around 5 minutes to get an even coat
- Sift thin Coat of cork onto mold cavities
- let sit for 30 seconds
- Blow excess cork off
- Scrape seams and faces with razor
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 3 hours to a chocolate brown color
Mold Needs to be wet for blowing.
Subsequent recoats directly over old cork. NEVER SCRAPE OFF.
Burn in once after each re-corking/
DANGER: OIL SOAKED PAPER OR RAGS ARE DANGEROUS.
Please do an internet search for "spontaneous combustion of Oily Rags" and where to properly dispose of.