Firing Schedules for Glass: The Kiln Companion
The Kiln Companion
Firing Schedules for Glass by Graham Stone, provides firing schedules in the form required for computers and digital kiln controllers, but the information is also extremely relevant for "manual" firings. By taking the guesswork out of glass firing and making it easier to select the right schedule for any circumstance, this book is an invaluable tool for the glass artist.
Firing Schedules for Glass is divided into 3 parts. The first contains the fundamentals of glass firing, essential for effective use of the schedules. The schedules themselves constitute the second part of the book and the third features technical data to facilitate studio glass understanding and practice.
* Over 100 pages of firing schedules, formulated for both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
* Rates for heating glass up, as well as cooling down.
* Contains information for most types of glass, from float to major art glass manufacturers.
* Offers schedules based on glass thickness, on firing time, and on type of firing.
* In addition to kiln-based schedules, also includes schedules for glass blowing and lampworking.
* Contains an additional 100 pages of technical background information.
* Incorporates an extensive glossary, bibliography, and index.
- Publisher: Igneous Glassworks; 2nd Edition (January 1, 2010)
- Author: Graham Stone
- Language: English
- Spiral Bound Paperback: 226 pages
- Item Weight: 1.50 pounds
- Dimensions: 9 (Length) x 0.5 (Width) x 11 (Height) inches
Damaged/Return/Exchanging of this product:
-A replacement will be provided if there is manufacturing damages present, or damages from transit. You much contact OCR within 72 hours of receipt of your order. We will require photos of the damaged materials, including the original packaging so be sure to keep those directed by OCR staff.
-Please see Company Policies for further questions or concerns or contact Olympic Color Rods and a team member will be happy to assist you.